• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hope my house is still around tomorrow

.hendrix.

NAXJA Forum User
big fire in santa barbara, burning directly towards my home. my family evacuated, as did my girlfriend's. its really hard to be up at school and unable to help or even get information. i guess we'll have to wait and see how it goes. 300 acres burned and 70mph winds right now...

HOLY CRAP!!!

I hope things are OK and your home is saved!

yeah. if the fire was headed the other way it would be going right towards RobertF's house. they're begining to evacuate parts of the city as well as the mpuntains where i live...

They are saying 70 MPH winds and its barely a light breeze at my house in Goleta.

My room mate is crossing his fingers for Oprah's house to burn down so that he can make bank on the rebuild. Construction has been slow....this could be kinda a good thing for some people, just sayin. Hope your houses make it and nobody dies.
-KG

Oh yeah, hey Hendrix! I forgot you live in the Mission Canyon area right? So far everything North of Alameda Padre Serra between Mission Canyon and Sycamore Canyon as well as North of the 192 between Mission Canyon and Cold Springs rd is under Mandatory Evacuation. I've even heard that the fire is below APS already! Hope your parents are okay.

Oh yeah, hey Hendrix! I forgot you live in the Mission Canyon area right? So far everything North of Alameda Padre Serra between Mission Canyon and Sycamore Canyon as well as North of the 192 between Mission Canyon and Cold Springs rd is under Mandatory Evacuation. I've even heard that the fire is below APS already! Hope your parents are okay.
we are officially evacuated now, things aren't looking good, especially for my gf and her family. my dad is still at home, helping some of the neighbors and looking for my cat.

im not exactly close, and i dont have much room, but if it helps my home is open to you and yours if you need it. :cheers:

good luck, and let us know if you need help.

They are saying 70 MPH winds and its barely a light breeze at my house in Goleta.

My room mate is crossing his fingers for Oprah's house to burn down so that he can make bank on the rebuild. Construction has been slow....this could be kinda a good thing for some people, just sayin. Hope your houses make it and nobody dies.
-KG

Unbelievable.

Most people that think stupid things keep their mouth shut. If you had been through anything like this yourself you would have.

KH

I did not wish bad things to anybody. My house in goleta was evacuated for the Gap fire this summer, the fire line got within 1/8th mile, I know how they feel. I'm just saying that there is going to be a lot of work.

Unbelievable.

Most people that think stupid things keep their mouth shut. If you had been through anything like this yourself you would have.

KH

We have two rooms available at my house, they will be rented Dec 1st but if you need something temporary, they are available. Its on an orchard at 980 Glen Annie Rd in Goleta. I rent, so you would have to work it out with the landlord. Normally they go for $750&$400/month.

Man, I got room at the shop here in Ventura if anybody needs it, shower, kitchen, beer etc. Hope all goes well, what a nightmare. I grew up skating that giant concrete bowl where it started, tea bowls or tea garden. What a beautiful area it once was. Got a bunch of buddies I can't get in touch with so hopefully everybody is ok. This sucks!

Back