• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

would you use this oil in your jeep?

No, just because it's Environmentally safe.

Id do it if they came out with a 10-40 or 10-50.

Seems legitimate, although the article pretty much only talks about how it will cut down our dependence on foreign oil as opposed to how well it will protect and lubricate engine components.

EDIT: I see they do make a wider range of oil weights... Might look into this more.

Yeah Id like to see the breakdown charts on that oil and what the recommended intervals of changing that company recommends. Theres nothing like the 8K I get out of my Elf oil.

All of this green stuff is all nice and fuzzy isn't it?

If anybody REALLY wanted to do anything about this nation becoming more green maybe somebody would actually be smart enough to eliminate all printed newspapers and junkmail!

I mean we can read newspapers online. Sure newspapers are made with recycled paper sometimes but I don't think junkmail is.

I like to have things in my hand to read them. Like when reading essays for class, i always print them out instead of read them on Acrobat.

I like to have my morning paper in hand as well, not on my screen....

my .02

All of this green stuff is all nice and fuzzy isn't it?

If anybody REALLY wanted to do anything about this nation becoming more green maybe somebody would actually be smart enough to eliminate all printed newspapers and junkmail!

I mean we can read newspapers online. Sure newspapers are made with recycled paper sometimes but I don't think junkmail is.

just think of all the oil that was used to make the plastic computer your reading from. i dont know how much petroleum actually goes into the manufacturing of plastics, but throw away plastic packaging gets under my skin more than junk mail.

I like to have things in my hand to read them. Like when reading essays for class, i always print them out instead of read them on Acrobat.

I like to have my morning paper in hand as well, not on my screen....

my .02

amen

'Bet when that stuff hits the market, it only costs about as much as Royal Purple.

Bridgestone Firestone Retail actually uses this oil for an option at their stores in the Seattle, Washington area. I read about it in one of our companies newsletters (I work for BFRC), and as the article was explaining, the oil is just as good a new oil. It has all been re-refined, and the correct additives added to it. Not saying I'll use it, but it is starting to become an option at some oil change places.

I've already been using recycled oil in my XJ. Until yesterday, I was having a major oil leak and continued filling my jeep with oil from old people's cars (since they are not driven near enough to use up the oil. Figured since they were no longer going to, I may as well put it to work).

WOW... do they misrepresent what the API-SM certication tests are...

It isn't a test of 'the base oils', it also isn't a quality test. Its a test of the composition of the oil and its additive package.

They claim to meet API-SM certification. Which isn't sufficent protection for flat tappet camshafts like our 4.0l and 2.5l's have.

WOW... do they misrepresent what the API-SM certication tests are...

It isn't a test of 'the base oils', it also isn't a quality test. Its a test of the composition of the oil and its additive package.

They claim to meet API-SM certification. Which isn't sufficent protection for flat tappet camshafts like our 4.0l and 2.5l's have.

what he said

Back