• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Window Tinting Shops in San Diego?

I need my back windows done. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Gary

If you want, find a limited and swap glass. Factory limiteds were tinted with blingy BBS looking wheels.

Try MR. TINT in Escondido just north of the Auto Park.
I have been using them since the mid 90s and have always been more than satisfied with their customer service and the quality of their work....
Their prices are reasonable and the materials they use donot fade or turn purple like alot of cheaper shops....
They also have a Lifetime Warranty on the work and materials.....

MR. TINT
2030 Vineyard Ave.
Escondido, CA 92029
(760) 746-7866

When you say back windows...; you mean the rear and cargo area windows....
Little difficult to give you an accurate price since the original tint on my Jeep was done 11 years ago....
Then the rear window, cargo area windows and both rear passenger windows were done for $120 with 20%....
With inflation.... that would probably be about $150 or so...
Give them a call and tell them you are a repeat customer from years ago...

i had a buddy that worked at a tint shop. did great work and had the keys to the place. he would do side jobs out of there on sundays when the place was closed for materials plus $30. i got my whole XJ done (everything but the windshield) for $60. too bad hes a damn crack head now :(

materials are cheap, finding someone that knows wtf they are doing is where the money comes in. its REAL easy to F up a tint job, and even easier on a dirty jeep. any dust or dirt on the inside or outside of the windows will get pulled into the tint and be trapped forever between the film and the glass... especially from the edges of the window rubber. before you take your jeep in to be tinted wash it. clean it as best you can and dont forget to clean up the rubbers really well. make sure you clean the insides of the window as well, and get into all the corners of the window seals.

Thanks for the suggestions! I actually bought some tinted glass and had it installed for both the rear doors. I thought I could do the back three windows myself, but ended up wasting a lot of time and getting really frustrated.

I live in the East County area of San Diego, so Escondido is a little far. Anyone know of someone closer to the El Cajon area?

I rolled by the place in La Mesa that did mine about 5 yrs ago and they were gone. Bummer, I need the little window on the back door done. Mental note to self, don't roll a 33" inch tire up the side of your Jeep. :) Good luck Gary if you find a good shop in East County PM me with the info.

Back