• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alignment Question

frozen chosen

NAXJA Forum User
So I did my lift 2 weeks ago, 4.5 RC and finally got around to getting an alignment...Well when I got home I noticed they used alignment specs from a 96 Grand Cherokee....Would this be OK or should I take it back and have them do it right? I looked at the specs on the machine that is used at my shop even though I don't do these and the numbers are different...
What would you guys suggest?
Thanks for any and all opinions..

Last edited:
Re: alognment question

If you paid money for it, I'd go back and have them do it right...You did not get what you paid for did you?? If you ordered a burger and they gave you a hot dog, would that be ok?

If you paid money for it, I'd go back and have them do it right...You did not get what you paid for did you?? If you ordered a burger and they gave you a hot dog, would that be ok?

:gee:

It's fine. The specs are the same anyway except for caster, which they're not going to be adjusting as part of a base alignment anyway. Don't take it back unless you want to get laughed at.

Thanks for the info. JJacobs...I got different numbers from a cherokee and a GRAND cherokee off of our machine and did not know if things were going to be different...the reg.cherokee specs say "0" toe and I didn't like that thinking that It would make it wander all over the road...I am going to go with what I got and hope for the best...hopefully it won't ruin the tires...
Thanks
Again

If you have a minute, I think you should at least stop by andbring it to their attention. Show them the sheet you have and ask them what's up. Maybe the two vehicles are set up the same way and it doesn't matter which specs they follow, but maybe not. You don't have to be confrontational, just ask the question plainly. You paid them to do it right, correct? "Close enough" could have been had in the driveway for free.

What caster did they have it set at? 0 toe is the same for a XJ if you have a 242 or full time
transfercase
option. Camber is not adjustable anyway without tapered ball joints.

Caster was @ 9 and they did not change that at all.
I can't remember without leaving work to get the slip out of the jeep on what they finally set the toe at.
I do know that when I am going down the road @ 70 it wants to walk back and forth on the road alot more now than before the alignment.

could be bumpsteer??, which isnt the alignment. but rather steering angles effected by 4.5" of lift.

does it drive straight, other then stuff like high speed freeway bumpsteer?
next time do your own alignment! not many adjustable measurements required, you only really need a tape measure for most jeeps.

Back