• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with an unknown hose on AW4 tranny...

Ben824

NAXJA Forum User
So I got bored and started inpsecting things underneath my 97 XJ auto 4.0L 4x4 because its been a while since I had last looked everything over and I saw this hose on the driver side of the tranny that looked like is was coming off the orivice that it appeared it was supposed to be attached to. My question is what does this hose do? How important is it? Is this how it is supposed to look or should it be on that orivice more securely? It is just kinda sitting there right now not very secure on that orivice. This hose it located on the driver side of the AW4 tranny about midway back just a little above where the tranny pan and tranny meet.

Sorry for the kinda blurry picture, the iPhone doesn't like close up pictures. I was just concerned with how loosely it is just sitting there.

I haven't followed it up yet I tried to see where it came up at just by trying to follow it by looking at where it goes but it crosses up over the tranny and I can't tell which one is it on the other side and I was wearing clothes that I didn't want to risk getting all greasey and ruined if I tried to feel where it goes but I will certainly go back and check when I get time. If anyone else has an idea of what it might be let me know.

possibly, I thought my cherokee only has one. It goes to the pedal. If you have 2 the second is for cruise. I don't know, I thought the link was electronic

possibly, I thought my cherokee only has one. It goes to the pedal. If you have 2 the second is for cruise. I don't know, I thought the link was electronic

There is a TV cable that goes from the throttle body to the tranny to control the firmness of the shift. I believe it increases line pressure the tighter the cable is pulled. Does nothing to control the shift points as earlier kickdown cables used to do.

Back