• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pic of xj without headliner

Stroketech

NAXJA Forum User
Can anyone post up some pics of an xj without the headliner in? Preferably a '00 unless theres no difference to the roof supports. I'm trying to see where I can screw into the headliner to between the visors without going all the way through. Thanks.

No pics, but on my 87 (Lord, rest her soul) I tore the headliner out with intentions of replacing it (the fabric was shot, as was the liner) I cut out pieces of that foil lined bubble wrap (1/2" thick) insulation. I glued it up between the cross members for "some" insulation. I never got around to replacing the real headliner, the insulation worked fine and I liked the look. Kept it that way until I sold it. Buyer liked the look too.

Use a paper clip to poke through the headliner to find the edge.

standard.jpg

Can you post more of the rest of the inside? I am contemplating pulling my headliner and want to see what the rest looks like. Thanks,

Its actually doesn't look too bad under there. It is super thin sheet metal though so it is going to sound like a tin can. I would recommend some roll on bed liner or spray on sound deadener (but that could be a mess).

This was what I was looking for. I'd really like to see the rest of the interior without the headliner, especially around the dope light. Any pic's are appreciated.

Thanks

Back