• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need ideas / help

kmanxj5050

NAXJA Forum User
ok my jeep (2001 XJ 4.0) is making a loud arse ticking/clunking noise (sounds like the loudest exhaust leak ever). I took it to a local shop and told them to diagnose it(told them i wanted to keep it cheep), they basically started it and told me from the noise they heard it was a spun main bearing.

I am totally lost, i dont think spun bearing because i lost no oil pressure. I am just looking for some advice before i tear this thing apart, as in things to look for/try.

The heep has 115,*** miles and i just had the motor out 4 months ago to change cam and cam bearings. When i had it out the cylinder walls had no ridge at all and the most clearance i had on a main bearing was .001,

i had that sound from idler pulley bearings falling, but that was pretty obvious.

where is the sound coming from?

is this the same place that replaced your cam and cam bearings?

no i replaced my cam and cam bearings

it is hard to tell were the sound is coming from, my digital camera took a crap on me but i am trying to get ahold of one so i can take a sound clip of the noise.

Back