• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

liftgate won't lock

slowjeep

NAXJA Forum User
I am trying to get everything to be functional on my ride, so the next step is to get the lock on the liftgate to lock!!!!! I already had a pressure washer stolen for not having a locked liftgate......... I tried the key from the door locks but doesn't work, please any suggestions.........

I know on a '90 the same key works the hatch as the doors. Now mine is really tuff the get it to turn and could probably use some graphite or some other lubricant to get it moving more freely. Have you tried spraying it with some WD-40 or any other lubricant to try and free it up?

pop off the panel covering the liftgate... find the locking mechanism inside and see if its loose... the Torx bolts on mine were loose (bottom of liftgate)and after I tightened them up they were fine and it worked... worth a shot... also you might want to see of the locking mechanism arm is connect properly its a little plastic piece... mine needed adjusting the first time.

will try both, just have to be careful with the graphite this time, I did it on my ignition lock and after a while it didn't need a key to turn!!!!!!!!

ohhhhh, well I noticed the ignition was stuck while I had it running and I couldn't turn it off!!!! from then on it was hard to move it at all so graphite fixed that, but now it doesn't need a key, luckily for me this morning I didn't find my keys but still made it to work?!?!

Back