• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help replacing slave cylinder

iroll919

NAXJA Forum User
i have a feeling my slave cylinder went bad on me last night

my jeep is a 1998 sport 5 speed np231 all that normal stuff

my question is will it be as simple as unbolting it and replacing it or am i going to have to get a whole new system like the resevoir, master cylinder, slave cylinder and all the lines and excetra

i dont know a thing about clutches so any help would be greatly appreciated

well i cant remember if the slave cylinder is external or internal on the trans(my jeep is auto) but if it is external then u can just unbolt it and bolt it back up and bleed the system, however i always replace it all, master cylinder, slace cylinder and resevior at the same time...chances are if one went bad the others are on their way out

it should be external on yours, if it's an ax15...i don't know when they switched to the nv3500, and if thats what you've got i'm not sure if its external/internal. For ax-15s they switched to an external slave halfway through 1995, and yes its as easy as unbolting and bolting. Took me under an hour for sure, I did it close to two years ago though, don't remember exaclty how long. definitely wasn't difficult though

Back