• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interesting election maps

n1ywb

NAXJA Forum User
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mejn/election/2008/

This one, by county, is particularly interesting. I think it's fascinating how city folk are mostly blue and country folk are mostly red, the only real exception being New England which is mostly rural and yet still blue.
countymapredbluer512.png

...the only real exception being New England which is mostly rural and yet still blue.

Thats what I don't understand... everyone I talk to would have made that map red colored. Oh well...

if we voted based on land area, the republicans would have won!

The cities are much closer together in the northeast, higher population density, and most think that Ted Kennedy is the best thing since abortion. I live in a small town and its hard to believe how many people I talked to were Obama supporters, also the schools here are so amazingly liberal it an make a conservative's head spin, and god help it if a child's parents are conservative, the teachers will just say that they need to "get with the times" or some bull shit like that.

~Alex

You gotta remember though that the red states have far less of a population overall than the blue states. People are more spread out, which gives the illusion that the red states speak louder than the blue.

rural areas have hard working low-medium with some high income and densely populated areas have more poor people willing to take a handout.
:dunno:

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mejn/election/2008/

This one, by county, is particularly interesting. I think it's fascinating how city folk are mostly blue and country folk are mostly red, the only real exception being New England which is mostly rural and yet still blue.
countymapredbluer512.png

Not sure if that one is correct, OC register had a map that showed San Berdo and Riverside counties voted red.

yep, dumb because they dont agree with you...
Nope, dumb because they can still breath; if they couldn't they'd have to be called dead. Both of them voted for Obama.

The cities are much closer together in the northeast, higher population density, and most think that Ted Kennedy is the best thing since abortion.

I'm very much for abortion when Kennedys are involved.

I'm very much for abortion when Kennedys are involved.

Small planes and long rifles seem to be working at the moment, kinda like retroactive abortion. Too bad Ted's liver and kidney's are still working.

~Alex

Back