• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suggested Lifts and bumpers

ebjones7

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2001 XJ 4x4 4.0 4 Door

I was looking at the 4.5" Rusty's Spring lift which i have heard from a couple of people that it is a nice lift! But if anyone has any suggestions on a better lift for the money.

Also any suggestions on bumpers for a fairly good deal that would be awesome too!!

My jeep is 100% stock and i want to put it up in the air!!!!

THanks alot

first off, your going to hear this a lot in this thread and any like it... search
granted this is your first time on here, but use the search function, found along the top of the pages, you will find much on the topic of lifts, of all dif heights, and bumpers too.

I have Rustys 3" and like it, you get what you pay for is a big thing, Rubicon is supposed to be very good, but too each his own.

if you have an y welding skills make your own, you get what you want, and pay less for it. other than that look online and you'll find lots. bumpers are a personal preference thing, you may like the look of the bush bashing tubing all over bumper, where as I like a simple bar across the front that looks plain but will take a beating none the less.

either way, search around you'll find everything your looking for on here and learn much from your time spent here.

enjoy

my advice is to decide on a tire size or what you would like to do with your Jeep. Then find a lift to fit the needs. Example, on my '89 we wanted to go big and stay cheep. Not concerned with body damage we used a home brew 4", cut fenders, 33x10.5. No skids yet, and we're at the limit for not having an SYE. For my '01 I care about limiting damage. Skids and bumpers first, the size tire I chose was 31x10.5. I am planing on RE 3.5 Superide with SYE.

Its all about what you want and how much you have to spend. The search is a great way to learn. As well as pictures of people running various combinations.

unless you are doing all this yourself remember shop times and labor charges too... it can get expensive fast

look under sposner info for bumpers too... arb, tnt, rock lizards fab, warn, loose nuts, jcr, etc all make awesome stuff just decide on winch or not if you are going to get one (expect 500+) for a warn unit and look at the use of a reciever and good recovery points

look into rubicon express li fts.,.. try to shoot for the re6200 (5.5 extreme duty) lift... best bang for your buck (if you buy one of their lesser kits, you will be upgrading a few parts)

definatly buy from a sponsor and you'll get a good deal! dc4wd to name one...

Seriously consider becoming a member. I just got my lift and the member discount from below more than paid for a two year membership fee. Any more discounts I get will just add to it.

In my case, I went with RE (see sig) after doing a ton of research. I put it on by myself with occasional help from my wife and it took me two weekends and five long week nights. The ride is way better than stock.

http://www.jeepinoutfitters.com

I will say that these guys were great to work with and they ship fast too. However, it does not look like they sell Rusty's lifts if that's what you're looking for.

wall04 said:
Seriously consider becoming a member. I just got my lift and the member discount from below more than paid for a two year membership fee. Any more discounts I get will just add to it.

X2. It's definately a good deal. I'm happy with my RE 3.5" lift. Do some research to see what fits you needs.

TNT Customs. Plus they are a board sponsor as well. Go to tntcustoms.com I just put mine own last week. 465.00 shipped. Made out of 1.75 tube and 1.5 this bumper is made for a winch and looks great.

Thanks caglezxj for the site about the bumpers they seems like really nice bumpers. And if anyone has any more suggestions on lifts that would be great! I want at least a 4" lift but nothing too heavy duty b/c i am not going to be doing all the much 4x4ing! I am most going to be in the mud also no much rock crawling here in florida. Thanks A lot

Back