• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question for the Obama supporters

IslanderOffRoad

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
As I stated the other day, congratulations to those who were supporting Obama in this election. While I was disappointed in McCain's loss, I do look forward to seeing what he can do over the next 4 years.

While I supported McCain in this campaign, I was often critical of his decisions during the campaign as well as some of his positions on health care and the bailout. I much preferred the moderate Senator McCain to the right wing McCain we all saw over the past couple months.

That being said, I have a question for you all. Am I the only one? Was I the only one who at one point this election considered voting for the "other side? (there was a 2 week period in mid-October when I thought I would be voting Obama)" Am I the only one who questions what the candidate says and is able to disagree with them about a point, but still support them?

The reason I ask is that I have not heard anyone I know supporting Obama say anything negative about him, his policies, etc. Please tell me I'm wrong, and tell me: As an Obama Supporter, what position of his do you NOT agree with?

Thats all, I swear. I promise not to post anything political on NAXJA for a while after this one.

I object to Obama's support of allowing illegal Californians into Colorado.
Colorado was a red state in the last election, but those smelly and (insert your favorite racial comment here) Californians had infested our state for the last 4+ years and see what happened. It turned friggin blue!
fing06.gif

Howabout that!? :D

I am an Obama supporter and did not know for awhile who I was voting for. I do not like the fact that his tax cutoff has lowered itself, and that most likely the military will have budget cuts as I have many important people in my life who are in the military. I think John McCain is a hero and is an outstanding person. I also support the growth of Nucler power which Obama does not as much.

Colorado was a red state in the last election, but those smelly and (insert your favorite racial comment here) Californians had infested our state for the last 4+ years and see what happened. It turned friggin blue!
fing06.gif

Funny, I know 3 Californians who moved to Colorado in the past year and were bragging about turning the state blue.

These are the same 3 people that vastly lowered my opinion of the intelligence required to get into Yale.

Funny, I know 3 Californians who moved to Colorado in the past year and were bragging about turning the state blue.

These are the same 3 people that vastly lowered my opinion of the intelligence required to get into Yale.

Oh, so it's worse than I thought - you're sending us your left-coast retards!
Just friggin great!

Honestly. I was more anti-repub then Pro-Obama, as asinine as it sounds.

But, this crap about the guns and amo being taxed 500% or being banned will piss me off just as much as anybody else who has them, I think we need OUT of Iraq, we need to Focus on How and when to leave. witch im sure Obama will screw up, but atleast he'l try, i believe if Mccain had it his way, we would be there Untill the next Election.

Republicans have this issue with over controlling the world, and Democrats have this issue with over controlling the country. red and we'r bullys, blue and we'r Pu$$ys..

So yes, i voted for Obama, but i am not a democrat. and i dont support obama on everything.

EDIT: and having a brother in the navy, i fully understand why 99% of active duty voted for Mccain.

Stop worrying 2010 Governor Elway will make everything right. Did you see the footage of him at that McCain Rally? Blue Suit, white shirt, red tie...Ritter better hope for an Obama cabinet position.

Your recollection was a little off on the tie color.

PH2008102402487.jpg

BTW, screw the GOV position.
I say he should of have moved right about 6 feet and taken over the podium. :D

Elway for Prez!

Last edited:
Bush graduated from Yale so that tells you something.

I considered both candidates pretty seriously and figured either one would be an improvement. I was disappointed in how McCain ran his campaign, and I couldn't in all good conscience vote for Palin as VP.

Honestly. I was more anti-repub then Pro-Obama, as asinine as it sounds.
Asinine? No, it sounds about right. I was just on the opposite side of the coin, though.

Bush graduated from Yale so that tells you something.

I considered both candidates pretty seriously and figured either one would be an improvement. I was disappointed in how McCain ran his campaign, and I couldn't in all good conscience vote for Palin as VP.

Obama graduated from Columbia....

That tells me something....

They must have a hell of a "public speaking" department....the rest of the university sucks...

Screw Elway, how about some more pics of Paige Green.

paige_greenlg1.jpg

She must eat a lot of Lucky Charms, because she's magically delicious....

fing06.gif

We seem to have that problem here in Texas as well.

We're not all infected. Besides that, those of us that aren't don't want them here either.

fing06.gif

I'm doing my part in helping to keep Mesa county red :thumbup:

I unenthusiastically voted for Obama even though I have some strong concerns about how he and Biden will approach energy. I was solid for McCain until he picked a running mate that couldn't name a newspaper.

Yeah. I think that was my main issue with the mccain campaign, She should be demoted to a Kindergarten teacher, as long as its a school that supply's all the books.
Not President. Mccains about to die naturally anyday, Obama will get sniped sooner or later..... biden or palin?

Obama will get sniped sooner or later.....
I just hope it's because he's an enemy of the state and not for his skin color but the truth would never be revealed if it is the former.
:patriot:

I just hope it's because he's an enemy of the state and not for his skin color but the truth would never be revealed if it is the former.
:patriot:

Not sure whether you're saying that he's an enemy of the state right now or that he will likely become one. I would have to disagree in either case. I suppose he might become an enemy to a certain ideology, but that's a different story. I have to comment too on your "defy liberalism" signature. I think McCain is in some ways more "liberal" than Obama, his stated acceptance of evolution for example. I also think he would emphasize a secular government to an extent that many of the Republican core would not favor.

Back