• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Piecing together rear disc brakes, ??? about e-brake

Fred85

NAXJA Forum User
Is their a kit i could buy from napa, autozone, etc. that would have all the springs, adjusters, other misc. hardware that i would need to attach the e-brake shoes to the zj backing plates???

and can i get the e-brake shoes from a chain store, or are they dealer only items???

related question: the rear soft brake lines off a zj, do they sell those at chain stores as well??

thanks in advance

yes, go to any autoparts store, Lordco has em I know, everythng to rebuild the park brake hardware, yes they will sell you shoes as well, beauty of brake parts is everyone carries them. Its the brackets and dust sheilds that are dealer only

well I still believe the explorer disc brakes are the same as the ZJ, and I can guarentte the hardware you speak of is. but anyways chances are a couple of different applications use the same hardware.

ZJ and Exploder calipers are interchangeable
ZJ and Exploder e-brake shoes and hardware are interchangeable

It's the brackets and dust shields that are different.

Brakelines are available at the parts store.

Back