• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no park lights

juniorXJ

NAXJA Forum User
alrighty then get this. i installed a new stereo after my other got stolen (haha, it didnt work anyway) one early morn. anywho, i am so very confused on what is what in that dash. i found all the speakers and i have power but here's the thing, my parking lights keep poping fuses. i've looked up the stereo wire color chart in the FAQ section and non are right.

here is my wire colors
pink=pos 12v (i think, thats ware i get power at.)
black=neg 12v
orange=???
lt blue/blk=???
purp/white=???

what on this blue planet is going on. cant Jeep just use normal colors.

thats the thing. i have the orange hooked to nothing and the end taped off. still pops fuses. would it be possible that a short, from stuffing the head unit into the dash and not having all the wires protected, cause another short someware else? maybie in the switch.

great site. i think i just spent 2 hrs or so just reading cool stuff. as for my results, same as every other place i looked. no one single year has all the same wireing as mine. guess ill use parts and pieces of each chart. at least finding speaker wires are and were a slice of pie.

Back