• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Racism is OVER! Don't EVER pull the race card again.

crazyjim

NAXJA Forum User
Alright, I’ve been talking about this with some friends and I seem to share the same belief as many others so I’m just going to go ahead and say it. I’m not even going to put a disclaimer before it because I should no longer have to.

Racism is dead. It’s no longer an issue. A black man has risen to the highest office in the country. I don’t want to hear any more bitching from any race about any inequality. If America is now tolerant enough to elect a man of a race that was previously looked upon as inferior, then it means that we have reached a point where race is seriously NOT AN ISSUE. This means that affirmative action, which was a terrible idea to begin with, needs to go completely. It also means that businesses need to stop referring to themselves as equal opportunity employers. America is by far the most racially tolerant country in the world. Let’s see a Korean man get elected as president of Russia. Yeah, I don’t think so.

So, let’s end the racist ass-coverings. No more equal rights movement. It’s done. You’ve accomplished your goals. The next time I hear someone pull out a race card (no matter what race they are) I’m slapping them in the face. No pause for consideration, no brief moment of silence, just a fat slap across the face.

If anyone thinks I’m making this election a “race” issue, just go haze yourself. It was made that way a long time ago. Anyway, this is actually really good news. America has risen to a level never seen before. We have actually erased racism so much that we have a minority president! That is huge! I’m not at all happy that Obama was elected, as I’m a right-wing-fat-cat-conservative, but it’s still a hell of a turning point for the nation. Pat yourselves on the back America.
Despite the fact that you chose a guy with no foreign policy experience, a lackluster tax plan that doesn’t encourage job growth, a homeland security policy that is borderline useless, and an economic policy that still hasn’t even been talked about, you have made a dramatic step in history! We’re done! We did it! The civil and equal rights movements have realized their goals!
So I’m going to be the first to write something regarding race and NOT put something at the end that covers my ass.

There it was.

Have a terrible, dysfunctional day!

It also means that businesses need to stop referring to themselves as equal opportunity employers.

You do know that "equal opportunity doesnt specifically refer to only race right? There are many factors which are in consideration for equal opportunity employers.

crazyjim said:
Let’s see a Korean man get elected as president of Russia. Yeah, I don’t think so.

Lets see a Korean, Mexican, Jew, or any other ethnic / diverse background be elected to the US. Yeah, i didnt think so.

Im just arguing to argue. For the most part i do agree that the "race card" cannot be played anymore.

Just to play devil's advocate...the fact that his race was an issue for this election (most likely the issue that got him elected) shows we still focus too much on race. My wife loves watching Tyra, but I always get pissed off because she's always trying to shed a spot light on race. The problem won't go away by constantly talking about it.

Also, I completely agree that affirmative action needs to go away.

The problem won't go away by constantly talking about it.
So what do you do with problems? Just leave them be and hope they go away? :dunno:

Its more like a wound. Leave it alone and let it heal...

Yup that also make sense, leave it alone! Leave it and hope it doesnt get infected, hope you dont get gangrene, then hope it heals properly... Great solution...

You can't just talk about racism, you have to keep people from raising their children to be stupid. So far, no one's figured out how to do that.

Isn't everyone born with "advantages" and "disadvantages", strengths and weaknesses? White, black, purple, yellow, orange, brown, male, female, gay, straight, fat, slim, christian, buddhist, muslim? Some of those traites are innately attributed while others are by choice but regardless, they're there. Deal with it. Some are considered to have more advantages and disadvantages than others (i.e. the WASP). I'm a wasp and I know I've certainly been persecuted for it. Do I go create support groups and demand affirmative action? No. I deal with it, I take advantage of every good trait I do have instead of crying and making excuses and obviate responsibility.

The lack of self responsibility: #1 problem in our country.

... or at least my $0.02

So what do you do with problems? Just leave them be and hope they go away? :dunno:
IMO racism is such a small issue as not to warrant constant discussion. It's like a scab, once it hits that point, if you keep picking at it it doesn't close properly. We've treated it, disinfected it, and made the proper changes in our government system, dealt with a couple minor infections (affirmative action) and it's time to stop throwing it in everyone's face.

Alright, I’ve been talking about this with some friends and I seem to share the same belief as many others so I’m just going to go ahead and say it. I’m not even going to put a disclaimer before it because I should no longer have to.

Racism is dead. It’s no longer an issue. A black man has risen to the highest office in the country. I don’t want to hear any more bitching from any race about any inequality. If America is now tolerant enough to elect a man of a race that was previously looked upon as inferior, then it means that we have reached a point where race is seriously NOT AN ISSUE. This means that affirmative action, which was a terrible idea to begin with, needs to go completely. It also means that businesses need to stop referring to themselves as equal opportunity employers. America is by far the most racially tolerant country in the world. Let’s see a Korean man get elected as president of Russia. Yeah, I don’t think so.

So, let’s end the racist ass-coverings. No more equal rights movement. It’s done. You’ve accomplished your goals. The next time I hear someone pull out a race card (no matter what race they are) I’m slapping them in the face. No pause for consideration, no brief moment of silence, just a fat slap across the face.

If anyone thinks I’m making this election a “race” issue, just go haze yourself. It was made that way a long time ago. Anyway, this is actually really good news. America has risen to a level never seen before. We have actually erased racism so much that we have a minority president! That is huge! I’m not at all happy that Obama was elected, as I’m a right-wing-fat-cat-conservative, but it’s still a hell of a turning point for the nation. Pat yourselves on the back America.
Despite the fact that you chose a guy with no foreign policy experience, a lackluster tax plan that doesn’t encourage job growth, a homeland security policy that is borderline useless, and an economic policy that still hasn’t even been talked about, you have made a dramatic step in history! We’re done! We did it! The civil and equal rights movements have realized their goals!
So I’m going to be the first to write something regarding race and NOT put something at the end that covers my ass.

There it was.

Have a terrible, dysfunctional day!

X2 Well Said!

If you have hate in your heart... let it out!

Oh, PS:
n9033956348527049047av6.jpg

Back