• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

blower motor

ok so ive been noticing that my heater has been pushing less and less over the last month or so and finally this morning it appears to have packed it in as the only time it pushes any heat is when im actually moving and with winter just around the corner i would prefer that it be workin as the lack of any weather stripping what so ever makes it that much colder

so question is there a motor that will push more that will be a direct fit mind you i still havent check the thermal fuse but from everything ive read if the thermal fuse had been shot id atleast have one speed which i dont (apparently jeeps have a 4speed heater go figure ive only ever had HIGH and OFF)

ok so i checked the thermal resistor and it has resisatance (low but its there) i then turn the controls on and put the fan on high while giving the fan a push with a screwdriver and it starts blowing harder then ever and i can cycle it through all 4 speeds yet i noticed on the lowest speed theres a ticking noise coming from the fan area i also check the resistor plug with a test light while cycling speeds and it goes from dim-bright but once i turn the controls off it wont start again till i give the fan a push

so im just wondering what your guys think could be the problem ill probly pick up a new motor as its easier than tear into my dash controls

Can you tell me where the blower motor resistor is located? Mine only runs on high and the fan is turning freely, so I suspect the resistor.

Back