• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Voting Stations

GhostDakota

NAXJA Forum User
What seems to be the typical wait in your area? Here in West Chester, PA, just outside of Philadelphia, we're looking at 40-90 minutes waiting in line!

Lines are extending out of the locations, into parking lots, down the streets, etc. It's crazy.

What seems to be the typical wait in your area? Here in West Chester, PA, just outside of Philadelphia, we're looking at 40-90 minutes waiting in line!

Lines are extending out of the locations, into parking lots, down the streets, etc. It's crazy.

I've never voted in person, absentee ballot, but I don't understand why it takes so long. I took me all over 3min to fill that out.

I just got back from voting; an hour and 45 minute wait. But I got a free starbucks coffee with my "I voted" sticker :)

You don't need the sticker. Starbucks got in trouble for "rewarding" people for voting. Not allowed in any way. So now, you can just walk into any Starbucks today and say "I want my free coffee".

45 min for me this morning in Bethlehem PA. line for machines was around the room. When I saw some lady hand a camera to a poll worker and posed entering the booth I almost screamed!!

15 minute wait 4 me - 30 minute wait for the person that got there 10 minutes after me...
I got there at 6:55 polls opened at 7 i was in my car at 11 after... but the line had tripled in that amount of time.

Took me about 10 mins this morning in lanc co PA. But outside work here at the uwchland township building, the line is snaking around the corner and has been for the last 2 hours!!!!!!!!

Took me about 10 mins this morning in lanc co PA. But outside work here at the uwchland township building, the line is snaking around the corner and has been for the last 2 hours!!!!!!!!

dude your like a neighbor.. almost..

Permanent Absentee here - got tired of trying to find the place, and working it into the running about I'm constantly saddled with.

The Hell of it all is, what do you want to bet those people (record turnout, I'm sure!) are going and voting for Obama? I find that worrisome...

I also voted abstentee (due to the fact that I travel so much) but I just talked to the wife and she said there was no line and she was in and out in 10 minutes. She also said they had 30 voting stations and that every single one was in use. There are advantages to living in a state with less than 1 million people....

dude your like a neighbor.. almost..

If you are who I think you are, we maybe bought that grey jeep from you way back when at sonic in morgantown?

But ya neighbors either way, I'm just over the hill near the dump :)

My voting place was in the middle of amish country, there were maybe 10 people in there at 830 this am

Permanent Absentee here - got tired of trying to find the place, and working it into the running about I'm constantly saddled with.

The Hell of it all is, what do you want to bet those people (record turnout, I'm sure!) are going and voting for Obama? I find that worrisome...

On the other side of that note, I registered so I could vote AGAINST Obama :)

I had voted at lunchtime and I walked in, got my ballot, and voted

No wait whatsoever

15 min wait here in Bethlehem CT.

~Alex

I like to vote in person, makes it more personal.

Plus I like the sticker, lol

I was the only person in the place, it only took me about 3 min to fill in the dots and get out.

Back