• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tire braking/removal

steelmen

NAXJA Forum User
ive searched but couldnt find anything

How do you brake or remove a tire off a rim with basic tools?

any tips, tricks or ideas that will help?

Thanks

sam

Worried about damaging tire, rim or both?

no im tring to remove my old tire off stock rim to put new tries on and dont feel like paying 100dollars for someone eles to do it

The tires need to be balanced as well. Do you plan to do this yourself?

Breaking the bead is the toughest part. You need some pretty big prybars too. Seating the bead can be a pain as well. IMO, it's worth the $$ to pay some shop and have it done quickly.

If you manage to replace your tires yourself, you will see the value in having the proper tools (pneumatic) for doing it.
I think there are non-power tools that are available with NorthernTool or Harbor Freight. They would probably cancel out the savings. Its still a tough job to pull off. Do you plan to do the balancing yourself too?
OK, what I really suggest is that you shop around. Call everyone in your area that mounts tires and find the best price.

i went to discount tire co. and they were telling me 25 bucks a tire i went home and got out 3 of the 4 off broken and went to my buds house and mounted / balanced them thats for the help

Back