• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Expectations High for Riot in ATL Tomorrow?

Jester99

NAXJA Forum User
I just thought I would let everyone in on a little info that I got at the dinner table tonight...

My uncle is a retired shop teacher and decided he wanted to continue working in retirement. He is now a bailiff and deputy for a court in Georgia. He informed me over dinner tonight that all Georgia State Patrol and all available officers are being sent tonight and tomorrow to Atlanta as extra support for riots and civil unrest. I have no doubt that this is being repeated in other states as well. That kinda scares me a little bit...

Gonna be riots all across Oregon too? :D

It was just reported by ABC Nightly News that in Richmond, VA that the machine to voter ratio in black neighborhoods where turnout is traditionally low is 1:400 and in higher participation white neighborhoods it's 1:250.

In Pennsylvania the Governor state dthat the voting machines there (without a paper record) are not designed for an 85% turnout.

WTF? That is totally irresponsible.

....funny, the PA governor is a Democrat....

(he's also a giant piece of $hit!!!)

Should not be a big deal in Atlanta, the Army moved a brigade in there last month to 'assist' civil authorities in the event of unrest....

Yup, the sight of armed gunships flying over Atlanta ought to make everyone feel safe and secure.

Sounds like the beginning of one of my brother's stories about when his Guard unit was sent to New Orleans for the Katrina aftermath. They were fired upon damn near every day.

WTF...they were there to HELP....

[/tangent]

:clap:

that's why I don't live in New Orleans!!!!

In Pennsylvania the Governor state dthat the voting machines there (without a paper record) are not designed for an 85% turnout.

WTF? That is totally irresponsible.

Must have cheaped out and got the ones with the small hard drives or something?

The ones in CT all have paper ballots that can be checked manually if there is a dispute.

~Alex

Sounds like the beginning of one of my brother's stories about when his Guard unit was sent to New Orleans for the Katrina aftermath. They were fired upon damn near every day.

WTF...they were there to HELP....

[/tangent]

"We are with the government. We are here to help.":shiver:

LOL

I just thought I would let everyone in on a little info that I got at the dinner table tonight...

My uncle is a retired shop teacher and decided he wanted to continue working in retirement. He is now a bailiff and deputy for a court in Georgia. He informed me over dinner tonight that all Georgia State Patrol and all available officers are being sent tonight and tomorrow to Atlanta as extra support for riots and civil unrest. I have no doubt that this is being repeated in other states as well. That kinda scares me a little bit...

Perhaps it is not riots they are worried about, but too many wild party celebrations in the streets when Obama wins.

Perhaps it is not riots they are worried about, but too many wild party celebrations in the streets when Obama wins.

Same thing happened in Rome, while the city burned.

"We are with the government. We are here to help.":shiver:

LOL

Unfortunately, in my brother's situation, it was:

"Your dumbasses didn't leave town, and your governor is an idiot who is begging for help/bailout, so....unfortunately, we had to come to your shithole of a town. In reality, we just want to set the whole place on fire, or flood it even more, whichever is easier - it's your own godd*mn fault for building a city beneath sea level, that sits on the coast."

But hey, that's for a different post/thread/subject :D

Back