• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Help Om Starting A Build.......

Trezurratt

NAXJA Forum User
Ok Bro's here's the deal. I don't frequent this site much but enjoy it when I do. I have a 94 Cherokee Sport which I want to lift and have no idea where to start. In the trades so I have very little automotive experience.
I once talked to a bro online who gave me the name of another bro who did builds. Think the cats name who did the builds was Paul. I think the bro who gave me the lead was into making custom stainless steel CJ bodies. If anyone has leads on these guys or someone else who does QUALITY lifts, let me know. I want to get her done before winter. Not sure what legal height here is in Illinois. Thanks!!

where in ILL are ya? There is probably a shop close enough that someone on here can recomend.

What size tires and lift are you wanting, what kind of budget do you have, and what will ya do with this jeep? (wheel, drive on street only, both? Hunt?)

She is a daily driver work jeep, a 94XJ with 125,000 miles and I want to raise her up and put on some super swampers. Not to interested in going over huge rocks, wanna go offroad, trails, lotsa mud, and quick exits through the forest preserves if necesary. What you suggest? Unlike alot of you guys I actually do lay pipe and have very limited auto experience. Just like driving hard and getting dirty.

you WERE talking like a blues skat singer. dis bro be talkin to anothuh cat bout some-o-dat yeh dig?

buy a 2 inch budget booster you could do it yourself with some tools and some patience. with two inches you could fit 31s without trimming, or you could buy a sawzall or 4 inch grinder and trim your fenders and throw on some 32s. that will be fine for going through mud, just wash it after everytime, or youll be looking at a dead jeep... mud has a way with electronics

That first line had me rolling, thats some funny shit but I rearead my original post and you are right. Must have been buzzing or something.
I'll tell you hwta. Thats some of the best advice yet. Gonna start researching this 2 inch budgwet booster. Thanks bro!!

Back