• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Introduction and question

crabhab

NAXJA Forum User
It sure is good to be back on the XJ board!!!
I am a long time jeep owner who has owned five jeeps in the last seven years. 95 YJ, 99 TJ both 5spd 4bangers, 2000 XJ sport, 1996 ZJ Laredo, all of them were stock with factory tow hooks and class three hitches and now my newest 1999 XJ sport (4dr, tow package) that I have decided to modify. I just bought this jeep used with 142K and a bent rear bumper. I have added the jeeper Creeperz tow hook kit from ebay, and a RE 2 budget boost. I use the jeep manily on assateague Island beach. Any Eastern Shore Jeep club members sound off!

My question is since installing this budget boost last night I have a metallic rubbing sound that corresponds with vehicle speed coming from the front end I had to really compress the heck out of the front springs (three spring compressors) and stand on the brake rotor to get them in/out I wonder if I have bent something up front.

I have been out of the jeep scene for about three years it is good to be back. I still love my 2006 F250 Crew Cab but this little XJ is fun.

Back