• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do these spark plugs look ok?

XbajajeepX

NAXJA Forum User
I just changed my spark plugs and wanted to see if you guys think these look how they are supposed to?

l_8b39d502c6864ef6af0098e68df4d016.jpg

Well 5 of them do. Check compression & OHM out the wire for that fugly one. There something going on with that last one also.

Last edited:
yeah I was wondering about that one..... What would normally cause that?? Oh these are from a 2001 by the way.

heat looks a bit off on 2 of them. looks like some dimpleing but I could not tell without a macro. otherwise they look fine. A good fuel system cleaner and a combustion chamber cleaner and you should be great

Actually, looking over them again, 3 of them are brown on the other side than taken in the photo..

I have been getting very poor mileage lately... Do you think this would have anything to do with it??

stop using NGKs and put champion truck plugs in there. well i dunno on a 2k but the older motors dont seem to run right with anything but champs.

stop using NGKs and put champion truck plugs in there. well i dunno on a 2k but the older motors dont seem to run right with anything but champs.

Hmmmm... Those are the plugs I got from the dealer... I put champions in today.

Grim, while I agree that champions run great in a 4.0. I have had great results with NGK as well. In fact the stroker runs noticeably better on NGK's. Plus It is easier to pick out different heat ranges with NGK

Back