• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

alternator parts interchangeability

unclethumbtack

NAXJA Forum User
I traded for a HO alternator, had to grind the brackets,...blah blah blah. Anyways when I got it installed I started putting the two little (7mm) nuts on the studs that the exciter and ground(?) wire attach to and one of the studs is spinning internally, which is pretty sweet. I have the old 90 amp alternator, I took it apart and took the plastic piece that houses those studs and I am wondering if there would be any adverse effect from using that piece on the HO alternator.

If the only thing you're swapping is plastic and serves a function of a stud housing, I can't see why there would be any adverse effects. Unless you see something when you make the swap that convinces you otherwise....

If the only thing you're swapping is plastic and serves a function of a stud housing, I can't see why there would be any adverse effects. Unless you see something when you make the swap that convinces you otherwise....

I could'nt have said it any better....

Nick

Back