• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Went to the B.O. rally yesterday...

PurpleCherokee

NAXJA Forum User
And I wish I hadn't. I mean it was ok I guess. Of course I wasn't there to support him, more of a "know thy enemy" kinda thing. A few observations:

One interesting thing I noted was that the first two time Obama said Missouri, he pronounced it Missour(uh). Then mysteriously it changed to Missour(ee). I guess he got the same syndrome that Hill-dog got when she visited Alabama. Which makes sense seeing as we're all a bunch of country bumpkins :dunno:. Why he second guessed it is what I wanna know. Kinda weird.

Also, (which you can guess seeing as how the rally took place in college town USA) the people there were DUMB. Lol and I'm not just sayin that cause they're B.O. supporters, I wouldn't call someone who supports Barack dumb JUST for supporting him :D Honestly, when I passed by the (count em) SIX McCain supporters there, I heard this guy wearing an Obama Biden pin saying "Oh man, do you guys smell that?? Something STINKS!". And the sad part was, he was NOT trying to be dumb, he was serious.

And I realize there are dumbasses on both sides of the fence but you talk about some diluted, brainwashed people. Barack could've gotten up there and yelled "CHANGE!", "YES WE CAN!", and "HOPE!", and the crowd woulda went nuts the whole time, not kidding. Talk about the easiest gig in politics.

One of the first things he said was how lame McCain is for focusing his campaign on bashing him, then he proceeded to bash McCain for about thirty minutes. But of course noone there cared. Then later in the speech, he started yelling about bipartisanship and how we need to come together as a country (which I firmly believe in), the problem was, all the local politicians running for office previously instructed the crowd to go to the polls and just mark democrat straight down the line. Bipartisanship what?

One of the first things he said was how lame McCain is for focusing his campaign on bashing him, then he proceeded to bash McCain for about thirty minutes. But of course noone there cared. Then later in the speech, he started yelling about bipartisanship and how we need to come together as a country (which I firmly believe in), the problem was, all the local politicians running for office previously instructed the crowd to go to the polls and just mark democrat straight down the line. Bipartisanship what?

I'll agree with that, although I would be suprised if it lasted 30 mins since his speeches last about 30 mins. I attended on here in FOCO and was disappointed that that was how he started. I was very disappointed for the first 5 mins or so...:gonnablow

I wish they would lay off each other completly...both ways.

Back