• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bought a 98 sport tonight but having a problem PLease look

DementedXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok before anyone yells at me I did search for hours first.

My problem is When accelerating through a turn from a stop i get a sputter and then its fine. Now i would normally point at the Fuel pump but its has a full tank and accelerates fine from a stop while going straight. Any ideas?? Please help im about sick to my stomach thinking i bought a POS with all my hard earned 3600 bux. THANKS

Can you be more specific? What are the specs on your XJ? 4.0? auto or stick? 4x4? Does it make a difference if you turn left or right? What do you mean by 'sputter' exactly?

The more you can tell us about your problem, the better we can help you.

Sorry forgot the important stuff LOL.. Its a XJ 4.0 auto, Doesn't matter left or right turn but if i take the turn easy it is ok its only when i accelerate like pulling into traffic quick. as in "sputter" i mean it choaks, loses power. the first time it did it i was trying to force it to run and i heard a pop like it leaning out from losing fuel but im confused due to the full tank.

Back