• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's track bar doesn't fit!!

1996cc

NAXJA Forum User
Bought it used (basically new), so no use calling Rusty. It mounts up fine and everything seems cool, but the tie rod end won't go in far enough to get even close to the cotter pin hole. The castle nut is fully threaded on, but I can't even see the top of the cotter pin hole. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?

I jacked up on the end to push it into the bracket until it was bearing the weight of the jeep, and it still wouldn't go in any further. I locktited it and have driven/wheeled it, but it makes me uncomfortable.

Is it a larger than stock tre? If so You made need to have the mount reamed to accept it. It may be that previous owner swapped out the original tre for a larger one(like a 1-ton)

If you are using the stock frame side trackbar mount then you have to drill out the hole for it to fit. It's the way it's supposed to be.

And I wouldn't drive it without the trackbar being correctly attached, last place you want it to fall off is doing 65MPH down the highway.

Maybe the previous owner replaced the TRE with the wrong one. I'm running Rusty's TB with stock frame bracket.. 95 Wrangler TRE is what I use..

this is off of Rusty's site....
We used to use the MOOG# ES140R and ES2223R but have recently started using the Jeep Replacement part# 52005740 off a TJ.

My XJ was completely BONE stock, the previous owner didn't do anything. This is the Rusty's one that is supposed to bolt right in. It is VERY close to the same size, but obviously just ever so slightly larger. Anyone else??

If you're not lifted it probably won't work.
The trackbar is probably longer than stock, and setup for a lifted XJ only.
When I got my TB with HD mount, there were 2 lift sizes to choose from, I think they were 3"-6" and 6.5"-8"???

TRAILREADYXJ said:
If you're not lifted it probably won't work.
The trackbar is probably longer than stock, and setup for a lifted XJ only.
When I got my TB with HD mount, there were 2 lift sizes to choose from, I think they were 3"-6" and 6.5"-8"???

Great, that has nohting to do with his problem.

Just go buy that part number from Napa. Thread it on and see if it bolts up. If not, just ream out your stock mount. There, I've done it.

91 Jeep Project said:
Great, that has nohting to do with his problem.

Just go buy that part number from Napa. Thread it on and see if it bolts up. If not, just ream out your stock mount. There, I've done it.

Doh....I misread it....it was too early on a Saturday.

Back