• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

87 parts xj

98classic

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone want an 87 xj? I picked it up two weeks ago for $300 in Richmond...It's now parked in my garage in Stewartsville, VA. You can come hear it run.

As it turns out, it shoots more oil out of the engine than the Alaskan pipeline. The engine is pretty well shot, but it does start and run...sometimes.

If anyone wants this thing for parts, let me know, I will let you HAVE it, along with the title, if you drag it away, leaving me the rear springs, wheels and tires. If anyone has a trailer and tow vehicle, this may be an easy way to make a few bucks...just haul it to the shredder or junkyard.

What it's missing:
bumpers are gone
shocks are gone
glass is busted in passenger side front window
engine leaks badly
doesn't always start---something electrical (NSS maybe?)
no carpet
LOUD exhaust

Oh yeah, before anyone gets too excited (like I did), it's not the infamous D44 that some lucky 87's got, it's a welded 35. Got a 30 up front, 231 transfer case, 4.0 inline 6, and i have no idea what tranny (it's the auto).

If you want the whole thing, minus wheels, tires, and rear springs, come get it!

If you want the wheels, tires, and rear springs, included with the xj, make me an offer, ANY offer, and I'll probably take it!

[email protected]

Thanks,
Rick

Nope...rear wiper arm isn't there. Sorry :wave1:

This rig has been in my garage for about 6 months now and is stripped bare. I'm just waiting for the time to put it all back together.

haha this has to be the longest lasting thread ever. i dont even remember joes garage without this thing in it. Good Luck on the build joe let me know if i can help

Back