• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drivers Side Leak

Monstermx117

NAXJA Forum User
Well guys, I'm new so sorry if this is repeated or anything. My 99 cherokee, as I was going to school this morning, I opened the door to a 2 inch deep puddle. I was furious. If it wasn't 30 degrees today I would have vaccumed it out but tomorrows another day. I asked my friend in school, and he mentioned something about the heater core, or heat shield, something heat. haha...I just....If I can't fix this, I'm not putting money into it. I don't want the floor to rust out, or mold to form. Nights that I sneak out, I sleep in my jeep....haha...I don't want to wake with my feet frozen to the floor in the middle of the winter. Now, all joking aside, I need to talk my dad into letting me lift it. If this problem persists...I don't see a point in putting money into it. I'm saying (Cold air intake, exhaust, headers possibly, etc.) This all comming after I find a damn job...but you get the point.

-Wes

Which side of the Jeep is the puddle on?

Heater core is on the passenger side. Could you see or smell antifreeze?

You probably won't have to worry about rusty floor if it's the first time. But, from what I understand, the carpet is going to smell. You'll have to pull all the carpet out and let it dry very well before you put it back in.

Did it rain or anything the night before? Do you have asshole friends who would fill your Jeep with water?

Yes I have asshole friends who would do that, but no...not the case. However, my shiney wheel covers are missing and now I have shitty rims. I need to find this leak...if I do...I'll start putting money into it.

I had a leak on the drivers side that I tracked to a gap in the glue holding the windshield down. I had a rusty spot on the metal base where the windshield mounts. As this continued to rust, the spot expanded as it oxidized and created a bigger gap, eventually cracking the windshield from the pressure. To fix it had to remove the windshield and treat the rust spot before the new glass was installed.
I'd start with bigalpha's idea of the car wash and if you feel water dripping on your feet, pull the trim off around the lower part of the windshield and examine for rust.

Well, it's already dark out so...tomorrow after school I'll quick shoot some pics. But like I said there is like a factory cutout hole, and you push the carpet from the pedals back, and water comes out. It's highly dissappointing.

im sure its all waterlogged and pushing on the carpet is going to just squeeze out whats already in it so to say the leak is on the floor is doubtful more like the floor is where it settles not enters from what ive read on here windshield and cowl (around where windshield wipers mount) area are likely places to look and i think maybe around the roof rack mounts also get a hose without the nozzle end on and let water just run down various places on the parts i mentioned see what happens and than id either pull the carpet or wet vac to try and prevent mold/must

Back