• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is it me or...?

PurpleCherokee

NAXJA Forum User
Is The Daily Show and the Colbert Report getting REALLY ridiculous? I mean, for as dumb as John Stewart is, wouldn't ya think that even HE goes to bed at night knowing deep down that he has nothing "clever" to contribute? That he isn't the smart, witty, or intelligent and the only thing keeping him on tv is the fact that most Americans are sheep that are being spoon fed propoganda and they're just eating it up like they've never had an original thought in their life!?

He's doing good to even HAVE an arguement for most of his mind numbing idiocy. Most of what he does is make fun of people. It's a junior high strategy that involves zero actual intelligence, and just relies on doing whatever's popular so you don't NEED valid arguments. To anyone with a brainstem, it's not very hard to see how brainless the show is. Both he and Colbert go out and find the dumbest McCain/Palin supporters and pass them off like they represent the republican party. They'd never interview an intelligent conservative cause they know that they'd embarass themselves.

The same goes for Steven Colbert.
Need I say more?
Hahaha... FACTS :roflmao:... what a joke!

The fact that idiots like this exist isn't the troubling part. It's the fact that they have a hit tv show!

Family Guy is another good example. When Stewie finds a McCain/Palin pin on a nazi's uniform. I mean come on, seriously? Yet conservatives are supposed to be the ignorant stubborn ones. Another line from Family Guy:

Stewie: Germans are building WMD's? Why doesn't America go in there and kick their asses??
Brian: I dunno. Maybe it's cause they don't have any OIL.

I realize it's all for the sake of humor but to me, it's gotten to the point of being so stupid that's it can no longer be construed as funny.

The media's definately taking the gloves off for the election and to me it's funny (yet sad) that things like this are their biggest arguements for Obama. But I'm about fed up. I'm just hoping and praying that there are people out there that see past all that garbage.

Done venting.

Holy shit guy, it is comedy...that is all. You are reading way to deep into very superficial comedy. Maybe that's why two of the shows are on COMEDY central. Calm down and take it for what it is worth...a good laugh.

Holy shit guy, it is comedy...that is all. You are reading way to deep into very superficial comedy. Maybe that's why two of the shows are on COMEDY central. Calm down and take it for what it is worth...a good laugh.

Notice though you never see any Obama pins on black panther berets...

You (rock rash) may say it's just comedy, but the fact is the vast majority of all news media and the TV/movie industry are anti-conservative/anti-republican and it really shows. I can laugh at good comedy at the expense of both parties, but it's so one-sided that it's lost most of the humor.

I've paid more attention to how the late shows (Leno, Letterman, et. al.) deal with the candidates, and it ought to be obvious even to the most dim-witted that they're all in the tank for Obama.

One show last night hammered McCain and Palin under the guise of humor, and spread misinformation about Palin. Then the host spoke highly of Obama and Biden, as if they could do no wrong. Unfortunately, there are people who are swayed by this rather than truth.

The Daily Show is getting rather dry, but the Colbert Report is probably the best late night show on T.V. You just have to have an IQ over 60 to get half of the jokes...

It cracks me up how much Hollywood and the media supports the Democrats....

When...

If a democrat gets elected, they'll all get taxed to hell (even more than they already do).

Ironic?

its the hip thing to do right now. If you're popular and you're a Republican, then you're no longer popular. The cool thing to do right now is to publicly go out and criticize the Bush Administration, with an Obama hat on. Makes me sick...

Give it a year, and see how much America loves this "change."

I agree that is unfortunate that people take every word of these shows as fact. Comedy is comedy. Stuart has poked fun at both sides, obviously more at McCain and Bush since it gets higher ratings. Those shows are high on 18-24 year old viewers which are typically liberal. You just have to do your own research and view these for pure comedic value.

It cracks me up how much Hollywood and the media supports the Democrats....

When...

If a democrat gets elected, they'll all get taxed to hell (even more than they already do).

Ironic?
ha ha. I was actually thinking about this earlier in the week....it is interesting.

It's comedy guys...

Elections aside and as much as I support Bush; I have to admit that it has been and will be a long time until comedians will have it so good.

:eek:

I agree that for the most part, comedy is comedy. And it's not the "comedians" rights to free speach that I'd like to restrict, it's the stupidity of the people that base their political knowledge on shows like that. If only that could be the case *sigh* lol.

The fact the people like Stewart go after Palins CLOTHES, then ignore significant issues like BO's friends/affiliations is just ridiculous.

They go after whats funny. Thats why people watch the Daily Show, to laugh. If you watch Comedy Central to decide the next leader of the free world, then you should be given a lobotomy. In all honesty, the Daily Show and the Colbert Report are probably the only news shows that don't swing things left or right.

I was watching John Stewart last night, mind you it was on AFN so I have no idea how old the episode was, but he was ragging on Obama for the first 10mins or so.
The guys a comedian, yes he probably is an Obama supporter, but its comedy. I seem to remember every comedian making fun of Clinton when he was in office.

I don't remember when this happend but CNN invited Stewart on one time to actually talk real politics and he destroyed all the CNN pundits(sp). He didn't pick one side or the other but just bashed the way the media handled all the canidates.

If you don't like it... change the channel!

I'm a McCain supporter, I voted for Bush and I probably make fun of both of them as much as the comedians do.

The fact the people like Stewart go after Palins CLOTHES, then ignore significant issues like BO's friends/affiliations is just ridiculous.

The Daily Show and the Colbert Report are a mockery of the bullshit news shows out there. The Daily show is clearly targeted at CNN while the Colbert Report is targeted at FoxNEWS.

So why would they focus on clothes?

Look around, the rest of the media is doing it as well. If you look at the shows from the angle they're meant to be looked at you'll see that they will go after about anybody and the bottom line is that they are crucifying the main stream media more than anybody else.

And yes, it's comedy, not a vast liberal conspiracy.

Ironic?

Some people don't mind paying taxes. I know I don't. Taxes provide the highways I can use to get to the trails, the police officers to keep the streets safe(r), firefighters, National Parks, etc.

Oh and my job!

Last edited:
I agree that for the most part, comedy is comedy. And it's not the "comedians" rights to free speach that I'd like to restrict, it's the stupidity of the people that base their political knowledge on shows like that. If only that could be the case *sigh* lol.

Or on Rush Limbaugh he's an entertainer for gosh sakes. True polictical pundits are on the boring Sunday morning TV shows.

Look at the venue! He's a comedian, an entertainer. Governor Palin's clothes purchase makes for entertainment, Senator Obama's affiliations are scary, not funny.

John Stweart has a show because he has ratings that draw advertizing dollars into The Comedy Network. Those advertizers like his demographic draw. You won't see a depends or geritol commercial during his show, wrong audience. Anybody that puts any weight into what he's says about the election should rethink their priorities and commitment to our country. same as those who listen to Rush.

Some people don't mind paying taxes. I know I don't. Taxes provide the highways I can use to get to the trails, the police officers to keep the streets safe(r), firefighters, National Parks, etc.

True taxes are necessary, but personally I don't want to pay the amount of taxes that people in Europe pay. You have to pay a tax just to have a TV and radio in your house. Thanks but no thanks!

I could be wrong but aren't cops, firefighters, and city/county roads paid for by the local governments? That would be state and local taxes.

Back