• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Speedo dead after SYE

cftj xj

NAXJA Forum User
I just got done doing a PORC SYE, other that me not reading the directions as well as I should, it went fine. Except for my speedo is now reading 0, and the CEL came on, telling me the speedo was reading 0.

I thought I lined the little mark up with my gear count, but must have misunderstood the unclear directions.

Any suggestions?

also, I'm in need of a new rear driveshaft, I put my front in the rear for temporary. It is just a bit short. (fine on the street) I thought I remembered reading that WJ front driveshafts were an inch longer. Any confirmation? Years?

Pull the gear back out and check it, then when you put it in 'feel' it, check it though to make sure you did not get it chewed up.

depends on the grand cherokee as to whether or not the lengths are different. The ones with a V8 in them had the longer front shaft. The I6 ones are the same as cherokees, and the v6 are close (dont remember exactly) but I dont think the difference was enough. The V8 one though is a good bit longer. Look around for crown automotive propeller shaft chart (i know taht wounds weird but if you search it you will come up with a list of stock 'jeep' front driveshaft lengths) if you dont find it post and I will put it up later, its in my favorites at home

depends on the grand cherokee as to whether or not the lengths are different. The ones with a V8 in them had the longer front shaft. The I6 ones are the same as cherokees, and the v6 are close (dont remember exactly) but I dont think the difference was enough. The V8 one though is a good bit longer. Look around for crown automotive propeller shaft chart (i know taht wounds weird but if you search it you will come up with a list of stock 'jeep' front driveshaft lengths) if you dont find it post and I will put it up later, its in my favorites at home

http://www.crownautomotive.net/catalog/axle/propeller_shafts1.html

After checking the AA instructions, I figured out how to do the speedo. Their instructions were much clearer than PORCs.

Thanks for that link, that's exactly what I needed. looks like I know what vehicles I'm looking for now..

Back