• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering box leak

aleXJ89

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so my power steering has been leaking for a couple weeks or so now (right after a mudding trip, of course) and its starting to leak more and more. I washed off the whole area to pin point the location of the leak and I believe I found it, seems to be the top of the pitman arm.

IMG00020.jpg

I'm just wondering what the best way would be to fix that. I'm kind of a newbie to working on cars this extreme so I'm not exactly sure what route to go. Any imput is greatly appreciated.

you can get a seal kit for the output shaft part of the box. Just mark the pitman arm, take it off, take out the snap ring, the seal that washer and the other seal and replace those 2 seals and reassemble!

any idea what some good key words for that I can search on autozone or whatever, don't really see a seal kit other than for the p/s pump. And am I gonna get all the fluid dumped on me? haha Thanks for the info by the way.

steering box seal kit or something to the effect.

that'll do it if that is the problem.

Back