• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power Door Locks

Rew70

NAXJA Forum User
Performed the search but haven't quite seen what I'm looking for. My power locks all work with the exception of the driver side rear door. When using the key fob, instead of the usual quick click of the unlocking, the sound is prolonged and the door remains locked.

New lock motor/actuator? Is there such a thing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have electric locks in my 90 but i do not have the key fob so there may be a difference. But I beleive that there is a fuse behind the lock. Maybe the fuse blew?:dunno:

Well I can hear the motor/actuator trying to open the door, but the lock stays locked. All other doors work fine. I figure it's the actuator which I also assume is something like the power window regulator. I've replaced that too.

Anyway does that sound like it could be the problem? Does anyone know where I can purchase a new one?

Well I can hear the motor/actuator trying to open the door, but the lock stays locked. All other doors work fine. I figure it's the actuator which I also assume is something like the power window regulator. I've replaced that too.

Anyway does that sound like it could be the problem? Does anyone know where I can purchase a new one?

Mine went funny because the door button was sticking. I would try hosing it down with WD-40 or whatever and see if it frees up. Otherwise I had found these people in case I couldn't make it work.

http://www.teamcherokee.com/Locks_and_Keys/index.html

Back