• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE Control Arm Conversion

originalxj

NAXJA Forum User
I have the older version of the fixed RE UCA/LCA. Upon attempting to rebuild the OEM style rubber bushing (LCA frame end) I was informed of a retro fit kit that upgrades to the new style RE rubber bushing. This includes a new press in sleeve, the rubber bushing, and the metal sleeve the bolt rides in. This saves an immense amount of time and effort over trying to press in the old style, which btw I'm told requires a 40-ton press. My questions are these-

A - Is this kit available for the UCA axle end?

B - Does anyone who has used these kits have any feeback on them?

C - What other alternatives are out there for the UCA axle end instead of the OEM style?

A special thanks goes out to Eric at RE for staying late the other night to help me out. Nothing like having RE in your back yard to pick up parts at 5:30 on a Friday night!

Did I word this funny or something? What are the odds NO ONE is familiar with these conversion kits sold by RE to update old style Super Ride/OEM style rubber bushing to the new style rubber? I guess fairly decent seeing as how it's not in thier catalog.

Maybe I should take some pics?

Builders Parts From RE web site. they even have a 10mm super ride bushing. hope this answers your questions.

Nope. It's not listed on thier website nor is it in thier catalog. It is a Retro Fit Part that converts the old style arms to the new style SuperRide bushing. You press in a sleeve (that has the same contour as the new arms), press in the rubber bushing, insert the metal bolt carrier and you're done.

I'll take pictures and post so that others with the old style arms will know what I'm referring to.

Back