• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

questions about removing seats and carpet?

blazinjames

NAXJA Forum User
So im planning on removing my seats and carpet and get rid off all the rust attacking my floor, then hurcilining the whole thing.

I just want to know what im getting into before i remove all the carpets, i know its kinda rusty down around the drives seat and the rear seats..what problems will i run into taking out the seats and putting them back in?

it sounds like a pretty simple project but I dont want to rip out carpet and seats if im going to get in over my head..

thanks

Just keep removing screws until there's no trim or interior left to take out. Use zip-lock baggies with a sharpie marker to label stuff (A-pillar, rear door sill, center console, etc). It takes a couple of hours to strip it down to carpet, and a couple more hours just to get the carpet out. There's no shortcuts, all interior items have to be removed.

I think you can take a few shortcuts. Remove the seats and center console and you should be able to pull the carpet and insulation up without removing any other trim pieces.

the trim holds the carpet down around the edges, and if he wants to herculine the floorboard he'll need it out of the way

not to mention welding, which may require folding up the spot weld seams around the edges

Back