• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

check engine ?

jshaab2

NAXJA Forum User
idk if this is the right thread im new here. but please help .
alright major help needed. im in brooklyn ny by my friend and i drove the jeep up. and ive been driving around and stop and go and i stop for a few min to go somehwere i come back start up the car and the car shakes and almost stalls after this happened a few times my check engine comes on.. omg what do i do. and i ahve no accessible tools . please tell me whats wrong ?> and how to fix

Vacuum leak? bad coil pack? bad sensor of some sort? Could be causing misfires... Try going to someplace like Autozone and getting the check engine codes read. That may lead you in the right direction.

Year and model would help greatly, since if it's a 91-97 or so, you can read your own codes.

As a veryy basic starting point, I'd open up the hood, make sure that all hoses and wires are correctly connected, all cables routed well and not rubbing something wrong, and unplug and replug every connector you can find. Take particular care to look at the wire running down to the crank position sensor, which is at about 1 O'clock on the bell housing cover as you face the engine from the front. It's deep down. The wire to this can sometimes come adrift and bump against hot exhaust parts, shorting out.

Back