• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Election Predictions

FarmerMatt

NAXJA Forum User
Here it is a little over a week before the election. Obama / Biden seem to have a firm lead in most of the polls. Most talking heads feel that this will be a year for the dems like 94 was a year for the repubs. Lay it all on the line & say how you think it'll all play out. I'll go first.

Dems will take the house & senate handily. I don't know wether it'll get to the #'s of being filibuster proof, but it will come close. The reason for this will be the backlash over the bail out by repubs firing their own reps. Repubs tend to eat their own & this will be the case this year.

McCain will be our next pres.
First, I'm leery of the polls. I know I don't answer them when they call & some study's show that 60% of the calls placed by pollsters are refused.

Second, (this part is not meant to be racist & I would say the same thing if JC Watts was running for pres. on the repub ticket.) When it comes down to the actual person pulling the lever in private behind the curtain there will be a bunch of people who won't vote for a black man no matter what his politics are. What they say publicly is one thing, privately is a different question. I do not find any joy this part of my argument & find it sad that this may still hold true, but I think it's relevant.

So the real question that comes from this is will the dems get enough to become veto proof?

I dont see how with an 11% approval rating, Congress stays Democrat controlled....

I think Obama will win the popular vote and will probably win the presidency but McCain could win it on electoral votes if a couple of states fall his way. I doubt it will happen though.

Congress will almost certainly stay Democrat.

SCOTUS will be the last line of defense for a couple of years, by then we should have Republicans back in control of the House

I dont see how with an 11% approval rating, Congress stays Democrat controlled....

Because everybody hates the other guy's Rep/Senator, and votes to keep their own...

As for the Presidency, I don't think McCain is as far out of it as we're being told.

Remember all the polls that had Kerry eating Dubya's lunch in 04. A lot of polls lean left...

Robert

...exactly - because who puts out polls....liberal media...and where do they poll people? Big cities with lots of sheep....

The media, Pelosi and crew have done an excellent job of blaming the republicans for the wall street meltdown and most people actually believe it, thats going to hurt. As for our congressman, I'm pretty sure he's out and Barletta is in, unfortunately our senator is not up, Specter, as for Fast Eddie our governor, he's not up and will keep pumping all the funds he can into his friends pockets in Philly and Pitt as long as he's in office. I think he's also been sniffing around Obama for a cabinet slot in that administration, our last good gov took it, Tom Ridge, and ended up as Homeland security head.

I know that a lot of people in my area switched from Republican to Democratic during the primaries to vote in them. The General consensus was that Clinton could take McCain, but Obama could not.
I expected nothing other than to have the media and Pollsters claim victory early in the race.
Unfortunately Obama has done an excellent job of preaching economy, not because he is better at it than McCain, but because he is able to convince the people that he is better. Many people felt that Bush created this mess and Obama was just the opposite of him and would have the opposite effect as Bush.
His constant hounding of Bush and connecting McCain to Bush has been what I would consider his greatest strength.
He got the DNC behind him full force and all of the crooked, low, deceitful ways of the Clinton era are back.

The race is going to come down to the wire and I think McCain will pull out in the last day. I think that the more the Democrats push it the more they are welcoming new un-reliable support.
Republicans do one thing really well... VOTE. and very few republicans at this point in the game have not made up their mind who they are voting for.
McCain wins, but not by much. and The Dems sue and scream voter repression, so that the announcement doesn't come for a week or two after the 5th because of the all the suits.

as much as i would absolutely despise it, obama is most likely going to win this election. McCain has passed up way too many opportunities, and the fact that Obama associates himself with questionable people has no bearing on the American public. They just shrug it off as if it doesn't even matter. Obama is going to win because he talks about bringing something new to the table, and the fact that he is black. Call me a racist, but if Barack Obama was a white man, he would never even win the Dem. primaries, let alone the White house. Add to the fact that Americans (for the most part) can't think for themselves and are too lazy to do their own research on the candidates, they would rather let the media spoon-feed them a bunch of far-left bias BS.

Oh well...

...and the fact that Obama associates himself with questionable people has no bearing on the American public. They just shrug it off as if it doesn't even matter.
lol A politician associating himself with "questionable people"! lol
Politicians ARE "questionable people"! That's why it doesn't matter.

I think Obama's gunna take it. Which will be VERY interesting to see how that plays out.

Let's just say I wouldn't wanna be his SS agents. I think there's a good chance they'll end up takin one (or two) for him.

But if he manages to stay alive, I honestly think that he'd do such a terrible job that he would either end up impeached and thrown out, or there'd be a revolution. I say it's about time.

If Obama gets elected the "quid pro quo" is what scares the heck out of me. Talk about special interests running the country, except these won't be the money people interests, so much as a social revolution. Left handed chicken masturbators are going to have there say in government and likely more influence than the silent majority.
I'm more worried about the suspension of the "Ten commandments" than I am of the Constitution. More great societies have died from rot, than by conquest.
And the Dems in there infinite arrogance, thinking they can negotiate themselves out of any situation. The world favors the Dems for a reason, they are convinced they can gain position negotiating with the Dems, most often to the detriment of the US.

Big cities with lots of sheep....
:moon:
sheep_tv.jpg

Mark my words: If Obama gets elected, he will not make it to the end of his term. He will either be assassinated by some skinhead, or will be impeached for doing such a crappy job...

I like funny quotes attempting to be witty and clever that have spelling errors...

Like "balloon"....

Last edited:
Back