• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TRE help

94xjstud

NAXJA Forum User
I took my draglink off and replaced it with a HD one and now the castle looking nuts, that hold the cotter pin, are getting stuck on the TRE bolts they are both just spinning not going anywhere. I've tried holding the bolt and turning the nut, but they both still spin and there is not really any room to hold the bolt.

This is my DD so I need to get this fixed asap. What can I do?

Do you guys think that it would work it I used my pitman arm puller to press the bolt thru the holes on the steering and hopefully press/stick the bolt in there so that the nut will move and the bolt will stick?

pictures wuld help as well as exactly what parts/mfrs you are working with.

Try jacking the TRE from the bottom so you put some good pressure on it. Sometimes by forcing it up in there it'll wedge in and allow the castle nut to go on.

Try jacking the TRE from the bottom so you put some good pressure on it. Sometimes by forcing it up in there it'll wedge in and allow the castle nut to go on.

X3. It always work for me. I assume the threads are good just a bit tight;...

Back