• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 window regulator

little red cheroke

NAXJA Forum User
i searched and searched and found that the most common problem was the broken tabe that the fuzzy cable goes into, pre 2001. DC made a fix to the '01 model XJs. my problem is that the plastic piece that the cable moves in and out of has broken off the regulator.

drivers side door. on either side of the motor there is a plastic tube that the cable slides in. the left side (blue) clips in and can be removed. the right side plastic tube looks to be molded into the plastic part of the regulator. i THINK that is my problem. the plastic tube on the right side has snapped clean off the main part of the regulator. window goes UP fine but when i push the button the make it go down the cable feeds out of the motor but the window does move. the cable along with the plastic tube moves and eventually feeds the entire cable right out of the motor.

anybody come up with a fix for this besides replacing the entire assembly? i tried glueing it back with epoxy but it didnt work.

if i hold the plastic tube and dont let it move it works fine so im guessing that that is the problem

Back