• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Center Console

xjrlandrum

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 XJ, and I'm trying to remove the center console to install some OX locker shifters. I've got a stick shift, and I'm trying to figure out how to remove the rubber bootie that fits over the shifter. I've already removed the two screws from the console compartment. Are there any others?

Thanks,
Rob

The rubber boot is kinda sleeved over a plastic rectangle shape thing. It just pops out. Maybe it's not supppsed to, but mine does. Try prying it out gently with a flat head screw driver. It should pop right out. Oh wait, this is for a 96...before the "revamp" so I don't know about the 2000, but maybe trying prying it gently. _nicko_

shifter boot

Nick is right it just pops off. I have a 2001 5 sp and used a flat head screwdriver to get the boot to come off. Start prying gently between the rubber and the plastic on the drivers side of the boot above the t case shift lever. Hope this helps. Later, Eric

Back