• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Valve Cover Gasket

mavrick

NAXJA Forum User
I purchased a gasket at napa. No instructions, not that I really need them expect that they supplied a number of gromets that look like they are to be used some how with the screws. Any ideas????

What do you torque the bolts to?

I got mine at NAPA as well and did not recieve any "gromets". I am unsure on how much to torque to. It is in my Haynes book I have a home. I will check and post up if no one has told you yet. Also if you dont already have a "woble" extension for your socket I would suggest getting one or the rear right coner bolt will be a PITA.

Do you have a picture of the grommets? They could be crush spacers, they could be something else.

IIRC, torque spec for the valve cover screws is 84 pound-inches/7 pound-feet. Check the Tech Archive on my site to be sure - I've been putting tech specs up there as I accumulate FSMs.

Do you have a picture of the grommets? They could be crush spacers, they could be something else.

IIRC, torque spec for the valve cover screws is 84 pound-inches/7 pound-feet. Check the Tech Archive on my site to be sure - I've been putting tech specs up there as I accumulate FSMs.

Kinda obvious when I did the job what the grommets are for. They go where the bolts go. Took the old ones out put the new ones in but make sure to keep the outer metal part.

I snapped one bolt, what size are they?

Kinda obvious when I did the job what the grommets are for. They go where the bolts go. Took the old ones out put the new ones in but make sure to keep the outer metal part.

I snapped one bolt, what size are they?

RENIX ones are 1/4"-20 by about 3/4" long. Later models will then be either 1/4"-20 (if SAE) or M6-1.0 (if ISO.)

Back