• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gauge Cluster

lonecountryboy

NAXJA Forum User
Hey,
I have an 88 xj limited. When you turn on the lights the left blinker in the gauge cluster illuminates anybody else have this particular gremlin and if so what did you do to fix it? It is rather annoying when you are driving at night.

I have the same issue smetimes with my 89 but i do not have daytime running lights. It also dosent blink at times (stays on like i have a bad bulb) or the blinker light just dosent come on at all buti can hear it blinking.

I got hit about a month ago in the driver's side front corner. The corner market light worked and so did the parking light, but the driver's side front turn signal would not work, or sometimes it would work if you tapped on it. When the headlights/marker lights were on the left turn indicator would stay on very dim. I replaced both the turn/marker bulb and the side marker and the problem was eliminated. I'm guessing it was the flakey marker/turn signal bulb that was to blame. I believe it was also making the corner marker dimmer than it should have been. Probably an internal short in the bulb.

Not sure if your indicator is fully lit or dim, but if it's dim (like it was in my situation) I'd check your bulbs.

While replacing the bulbs... inspect the wiring...; specifically the ground wires... Loose, broken or disconnected ground wires can cause strange things to happen...

Back