• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bushwacker fitment on 2 door XJs?

emr1101

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, my rear fenders arent cut but my front are. Im looking to someday adding a set of bushwackers (i like the way they look a lot). Im worried though that my front fenders are cut too far, anyone here have any experience with these on cut fenders? this is on a 99 2 door, btw....

also forgot to mention i have a snorkel :(
Rocky road vendors them and says theyll fit, but thats rocky road so... haha

DSCN0779.jpg

DSCN0781.jpg

Whatcha think?

Bushwackers will fit with the airflow snorkel, but not with the turn signal gaurds from the TNT bumper. I almost bought that bumper, and I noticed that when I was researching.

Your wheel and tire combination doesn't look too wide . Rustys flexible flairs may just tuck behind your bumper. Rustys flairs are wider than stock, but narrower than bushwackers.

Yeah i thought about rustys but i really dont like the looks of them too much, they look like stock replacements, maybe if they were cheaper but they are right up there with BWs. And yes i know NC has no law about that, but i like the way they look. You gotta be careful with them though, because you gotta be running at least 35s and your tires had better come out as far, if not further, than the bushwackers. Some guys can get by with 33s but honestly i think thats the ugliest thing ever.

Yeah damnit, oh well. I guess thats $450 i get to spend on some other dumb shi* for my car XD

His joke seems Epic Fail to me, but he was referring to you calling the XJ a car... it's a jeep at the least, Cherokee if you feel like typing/saying it, XJ if you want to be cool, Vehicle if you are with a group of deadly prius owners, but NEVER a CAR.

The epic fail is your lack of reading comprehension. He clearly stated that he is going to have $450 to spend on his car XD. I suggested that he acquire another complete XD for the same cost.

Oh look an XD.

SpringXD45.jpg

Had he merely meant that he had another $450 to spend on his XJ he would have said that. If you'll look at what he said, he indicated that he has an XD that he labels his "car XD" clearly that is because he has more than one pistol and keeps one in his car. My suggestion was that he get another one.

The alternative is that he could just be typing like a juvenile retard and ending his posts with "expressions" such as "haha" or "XD" (an indication of a squinting person smiling). emr1101 wouldn't do that though, he's a mature individual who knows his way around an XJ and only solicits advice when very complicated and unusual problems present themselves.

;)

His joke seems Epic Fail to me, but he was referring to you calling the XJ a car... it's a jeep at the least, Cherokee if you feel like typing/saying it, XJ if you want to be cool, Vehicle if you are with a group of deadly prius owners, but NEVER a CAR.

Mine is a car.

The epic fail is your lack of reading comprehension. He clearly stated that he is going to have $450 to spend on his car XD. I suggested that he acquire another complete XD for the same cost.

Oh look an XD.

SpringXD45.jpg

Had he merely meant that he had another $450 to spend on his XJ he would have said that. If you'll look at what he said, he indicated that he has an XD that he labels his "car XD" clearly that is because he has more than one pistol and keeps one in his car. My suggestion was that he get another one.

The alternative is that he could just be typing like a juvenile retard and ending his posts with "expressions" such as "haha" or "XD" (an indication of a squinting person smiling). emr1101 wouldn't do that though, he's a mature individual who knows his way around an XJ and only solicits advice when very complicated and unusual problems present themselves.

;)

actually it was a squinting eyed thingie, get over it. and yes im 19 years old, your old ass should be at work shouldnt you? eff off

Back