• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A military draft??

I'm a staunch conservative and in the North Carolina National Guard, but to be honest it just sounds like this guy that made this post just tacked random quotes together to make it sound like Obama will inact the draft. Just because he support it doesn't mean it would happen. Obama knows it would be in end of his political career if he attempted to enact the draft.

I didnt know that, but what I think is so funny is that a lot of people think he will end the war, when in reality, he will just move our troops from Iraq to Afganistan...

Biden is almost like one of the republicans allies, he is openly saying bad things about Obama, but for some reason no one wants to listen...

The President CANNOT institute the draft. Congress must first pass legislation. The President would then need to sign the legislation into law.

The President CANNOT institute the draft. Congress must first pass legislation. The President would then need to sign the legislation into law.

But, But.....Isn't the President at blame for everything in this country :looser:

But, But.....Isn't the President at blame for everything in this country :looser:

No, the current president isn't to blame for everything that is currently wrong with our country. But he is 3 IQ points away from being legally retarded.

No, the current president isn't to blame for everything that is currently wrong with our country. But he is 3 IQ points away from being legally retarded.

So are the 535 members of Congress....what's your point?

EDIT:

I think its funny how supportive 2 guys who never served in the military are of a draft....kinda ironic...(or retarded...see above)

will never happen. Mainly because there is not much reason too.

An all volunteer force is the only way to go. If you are not here because you want to be then I do not want to be flying beside you, and I do not want you to be fixing or arming my plane. Draftees feel they have no stake in the system and no reason to give their best.

kinda like Nukes. No one wants to use them, it is a very very bad day if we have to, but having the capability already laid in groundwork is a good plan. Call it plan w or so, a last ditch idea.

Did any of you read the link?? Biden hints of a MAJOR national crisis within the first six months and them having to make "unpopular" decisions that will make the people go whoa whoa wait a minute... He pretty much said there will be another war and a draft. It all came from his own mouth. Read it.

Did any of you read the link?? Biden hints of a MAJOR national crisis within the first six months and them having to make "unpopular" decisions that will make the people go whoa whoa wait a minute... He pretty much said there will be another war and a draft. It all came from his own mouth. Read it.

You're reading way too far into it. There's always someone talking about the tests and challenges a new President faces. Joe Lieberman said the same thing but didn't get as much press about it. He just said that if something happens early in the new term, it should be an experienced McCain in office instead of newbie Obama. Unpopular decisions could be as simple as going into another country to find someone... "He pretty much said..." Believe what you want. :)

If Obama gets in he will need a bigger war to stay in office and remove the focus on what he does behind the scenes.

The service doesnt even need people that bad, I got turned down because I am a felon.

If they would take me, I would join in a heartbeat, wouldnt need to even ask me twice!!!

You're reading way too far into it. There's always someone talking about the tests and challenges a new President faces. Joe Lieberman said the same thing but didn't get as much press about it. He just said that if something happens early in the new term, it should be an experienced McCain in office instead of newbie Obama. Unpopular decisions could be as simple as going into another country to find someone... "He pretty much said..." Believe what you want. :)

X2 I fully agree. Nothing was ever remotelt said about a war or a draft. If you don't believe I'm conservative I'll go out and take pictures of my front yard and both my XJs with McCain/Palin decals.

The service doesnt even need people that bad, I got turned down because I am a felon.

If they would take me, I would join in a heartbeat, wouldnt need to even ask me twice!!!

That brings back memories, when I enlisted in the Navy in 69 I was at the center in Newark NJ where they did the physicals, paperwork, loaded the busses, etc. As an enlistee I was treated differently than the draftees, given a table, coffee, ash tray for my smokes. The recruiters came in and sat down from all the services with a stack of papers and they started sorting thru them by POLICE RECORDs, car theft Army, shoplifters airforce, assualts, marine corps, it was $uckin hilarious. This guy came off the elevator acting crazy and pulled out a sword like he was going to chop people up, 4 marines tackled him and I heard 1 marine say, 'welcome to the corps asshole' as they dragged him away. Judges used to give people busted for various things the option, jail or join and the recruiters would be right there to fill out the paperwork, mostly army and they were on their way to Ft Dix for processing and boot camp before the sound of the gavel faded away. Just some remembrances of how it used to be.

When I get off probation July 24th '09, I am going to see if the judge will lower it to a misdimener on the order that I join the service.

Its a non-reducable felony with a strike, so it might not fly, but its worth a try.

Thats a crazy story though...

That brings back memories, when I enlisted in the Navy in 69 I was at the center in Newark NJ where they did the physicals, paperwork, loaded the busses, etc. As an enlistee I was treated differently than the draftees, given a table, coffee, ash tray for my smokes. The recruiters came in and sat down from all the services with a stack of papers and they started sorting thru them by POLICE RECORDs, car theft Army, shoplifters airforce, assualts, marine corps, it was $uckin hilarious. This guy came off the elevator acting crazy and pulled out a sword like he was going to chop people up, 4 marines tackled him and I heard 1 marine say, 'welcome to the corps asshole' as they dragged him away. Judges used to give people busted for various things the option, jail or join and the recruiters would be right there to fill out the paperwork, mostly army and they were on their way to Ft Dix for processing and boot camp before the sound of the gavel faded away. Just some remembrances of how it used to be.
That's how my dad came to be a Marine, jail, or military

When I get off probation July 24th '09, I am going to see if the judge will lower it to a misdimener on the order that I join the service.

Its a non-reducable felony with a strike, so it might not fly, but its worth a try.

Thats a crazy story though...

What branch do you want to join?

I would prefer the Army, I would like to be a grunt, but I would do anything.

I am a follow orders kinda guy and I work better under stress.

Back