• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Liberty Gears

RescueXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm wanting to rear gear and lock my 8.25 and gave a call to CT Axle today. I spoke to Pete for quite some time, who was beyond helpful by the way, and he mentioned using Liberty Gears.

Essentially he said they are "middle of the road" gears. They are thick cut, but not quite as expensive as Yukon or Alloy. Does anyone run them or have any input on them? I haven't heard them mentioned at all before today, so obviously I was a little hesitant about them. He told me hes only seen a few come back after about a thousand install's. Not that I don't believe him, but obviously you guys might have different experiences.

I'd like to have his shop do the work for the installs, but I'd like to save some coin by ordering the gears myself.

http://www.libertysgears.com/

No he is not talking about Jeep Liberty gears. They are R&P sets.

He has a 3 year warranty on them for street driving which is pretty good. Obviously you can't shear teeth off them while wheeling then bring them back and expect him to replace it.

I hope he doesn't mean using gears from a jeep liberty 8.25... Thats all I can think of.

-Alex

I know that's not what he is talking about, but to be honest, what would be wrong with that? 3.73s, 4.10s.......

Back