• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

np231

JESSE A

NAXJA Forum User
I searched for and hour.

I have a 2001 jeep Cherokee with a full traction 6in lift, 33x12.50 bfg mts, AA sye, and full traction rear drive shaft.

I installed the lift and tires and everything worked great went off roading a few times everything worked great.

I recentally had ARB air lockers installed and 456 gearing, front and rear,and a full traction skid plate, now the 4low keeps popping out whenever i put it back in gear from neutral, when i try to put the 4 wheel drive leaver back into 4low it grinds.

Its hard to describe, any help would be great, my buddies wrangler did the same thing, he said it just went away but i want to locate the problem.

also i have a Chrysler 825 in the rear and low pinion dad 30 up front,

Thanks for the help.

ya i did and i didn't get any help so i thought if i posted again i might get some response.

do you have a transfer case drop installed? I know on my rig, with the 231, after i put in the tc drop, the linkage to the case from the body of the jeep does not line up, and pops out from time to time. Ive had troubles with it coming out of gear, and not shifting, but i always know what it is and can fix it with a screwdriver.
Just a thought
~Lightfoot

no i do not have a transfer case drop installed,i think it must be the linkage but ive tried adjusting it, but i don't know if im doing it 100% correctly.

Back