• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

really bad squeeking noise

CV95XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Recently Ive been hearing a really bad squeeking noise coming from under the jeep. I just put a SYE kit on it about a month ago and for right now Im using the front driveshaft in the rear. This is only temporary because my Tom woods shaft should be here soon. At first I thought it was the brakes but thats not it, I checked em all out, but now im starting to think its the t-case.

Heres my logic, I'm running about 8 inches of lift and the front shaft in the back is pretty maxed out on the slip part. When I hit a big bump on the road I think its maxing the shaft out and pulling on the T-case, does that make sense?

Has anyone had that happen to them? any Ideas of what I can do?

Yea I was going to say the same thing.Spray liquid wrench on your ds u-joints and drive for a few miles and see if the squeak goes away.If it does then it's time to get new joints or do a lube job on them.I did the liquid wrench trick on a buddies jeep who kept disagreeing with me about the joints being starved for grease...5 minuets later he said "dude your right"

Back