• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2.5L Distributor

Clifford performance used to sell Mallory Unilite distributors for the 2.5...it was part number 35-6100. I just searched their site and don't see ANY distributors at all listed any more. I had no better luck searching the Mallory site. And they were horrible expensive.

There is a reason....a stock distributor in good condition is as good as any aftermarket distributor....aftermarket was very popular years ago when stock units used points...ever see a distributor with points???? I have a stocker in the mighty 2.5 mod1 MkII....it works very well to 7k...If you just HAVE to replace the stocker for whatever reason...it's not THAT hard to build a crank trigger dual coil distributorless system. you would still keep the distributor to drive the oil pump.

My advice...keep the stocker and spend the money on other mods.

The truck when I got it didn't have a distibutor in the non-running motor, so I was thinking of upgrading since I needed one anyway. The shop in town I ordered a new stocker from didn't give me the pickup assembly and the such, yet it was $75.

I appreciate the experienced advice. Thank you.

Now I just gotta get all that extra stuff I guess. (I call it stuff, cause I don't know much about distributors, lol.)

Back