• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering Shaft Ujoint

03ghosthemi

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 98 XJ with a rustys 6.5 in lift on 33's. The steering ujoint between the shaft and the power steering box is toast. I went to Advanced Auto and Napa but they were no help (no listings for the joint or complete shaft). Other than the dealer or the $269 Borgeson HD Shaft from 4WD Hardware what are my other options. And I know search search, but I can only get on the computer for couple of min every day or two and I need to get this fixed asap.
Any help would be great!
Thanks

Its too bad that I am usually at work when the junkyards are open. Yes I even work on sat and between that and two little girls it doesnt leave much time to do anything. I will check out speedway and see what they have.
And to the other response it is just the stock shaft and box. It did not break but there is tons of play at that joint. You can move it by hand. Does anybody know if the joint is removable or is it just part of the shaft?

I am 90% positive I have a spare one in the shop (whole shaft with joints) that's nice and tight. I understand the whole time crunch thing so if it'll help you out let me know. Cheap too.

AJ - Yeah let me know if you have it and how much. I am getting out of work early today (3:15) so I will check back then. Or shoot me an email
[email protected]
Thanks

Back