• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

conversion

Research. Then, do some more research. When you're done with that, do even more research. Also, you will need at least 1 of the following: Awesome fab skills or lots and lots of money. Both would be helpful.

In that case, i might try to source some 5.9GC parts and see how interchangable they are. That thing is a monster in terms of size and weight. I just had my pontiac 455 built and I thought it was big but that the 426 is HUGE. I think its gonna require some tube work probably too...

yeah. i'm thinking i may take parts from a cummins front end, such as suspension. the engine bay is gonna need to be reworked, may need to move the firewall back. as far as clearance, the engine is probably gonna have to sit lower. then the drive lines and axles. if done correctly, this may just be the most awesome jeep to ever hit the street

:moon:Find yourself a good Mopar body for the hemi or I will hunt you down & throw rocks at your house. Seriously, don't waste a 426 hemi on a Jeep, or are you just trying to see if you can stir up a shitstorm?

I would go back to that bone yard and get the dana 60 out of that bird, 4.5 bolt pattern and posi. You are most likely wrong on the year. If your not that is one of the rarest runners ever. There might have been 1 or 2 that sneaked out the door with a hemi in 72. 71 was the last year for the hemi. I will buy that motor from you plus give you my absolutly mint 89 2 door loaded cherokee with literally a ton of brand new extras that haven't been installed yet. AND I WILL THROW IN MY DOG TO BOOT. Or I have an extra rust free 72 body I will sell you so you can do the right thing. Please don't waste it in a jeep. I will join cherokee chuck and hunt you down.
roadrunner042.jpg

roadrunner072.jpg

Seriously, call me if you want to sell that thing 414 758 1000 Ray

Last edited:
Back