• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

do i have room for high steer? (OTK)

little red cheroke

NAXJA Forum User
2001 jeep cherokee XJ
4.0/AW4/231 w sye
3" skyjacker lift with 2"spacers in front and 2" shackles rear
HP D30 front/8.8 rear
adjustable uppers and lowers
32" TSLs trail
31" MTs street

my steering sucks!! im getting alot of play at the 'frame' end of my trackbar (rustys :( )
my first step is replacing the TRE on the trackbar with a poly bushing.
next thing i wanna do is an OTK flip using either the JCR 1-ton kit or WJ knuckle swap.
im only on 32s on the rocks so i bang my steering up pretty good which is probably part of my problem and one reason i want to get it up out of the way.

my question is do i have room to correctly do an OTK flip? mostly concerend about moving the trackbar. i was going to go with the JKS bracket to move the track bar. and after that ditch the rustys POS trackbar and build my own.

also if i do a WJ swap can i make all my rods? can they all be straigt (straight track bar/draklink/tie rod)

thanks for the help and im open to any suggestions or other options

replace your trackbar completely first, the rest of your steering won't matter when that breaks

High steer is not over the knuckle.

Make sure the trackbar bracket itself isn't loose where it attaches to the frame. My steering was terrible as the bracket wallowed out the holes. Replace that first, then worry about the steering.

Do not use a poly bushing for either end of your trackbar. There is no give when it tries to rotate and you'll destroy it. Ask me how I know.

johnny joint, rubber bushing

I'll be replacing mine probably with a rod end, but mine doesn't see a lot of street time. My trackbar will have two rod ends, straight to the JKS bracket on the axle.

Back